Carolina Small Business is proud to support awareness of an opportunity for entrepreneurs to apply for a full scholarship to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program. Selected participants will be able to learn from professional workshops, including tuition and expenses-paid travel to the greater Boston Area. The next deadline to apply is May 15, 2019.
This initiative empowers small business owners to gain access to tools and support to take their businesses to new heights. In professional workshops, scholars will learn from some of the brightest minds in the business, learn about access to financial capital, and build a powerful network of professional support.
Key highlights of the program include:
- The program is offered at no cost to the business owner – every business owner selected receives a full scholarship, with tuition and travel costs funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Within 6 months of graduating 67% of scholars reported increasing revenues
- 47% of scholars added new jobs in the same 6 month time period after graduation
- The curriculum focuses on practical business skills, including negotiations, marketing, and employee management
- Business owners in all industries and receive one-on-one business advising and learn alongside peer CEOs from across the United States
- The curriculum is delivered by Babson College, the leading university for entrepreneurship, located in Wellesley, Massachusetts
The program is designed for business owners who have a business poised for growth. Goldman Sachs is looking for applicants who are passionate about growing their business, creating jobs in their communities and who generally meet these criteria:
- Small business owner or small business co-owner
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues over $150,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Business with a minimum of four employees (including the owner)