General Small Business Advisor
Nature of Work:
Under the direction of the VP of Business Services, candidate will be responsible for the delivery and coordination of Carolina Small Business Development Fund’s (CSBDF) Business Services client assistance programs. This position is initially for one year with the possibility of being a longer appointment. Role is an individual contributor role with no managerial responsibilities.
- Assess client needs and provide direct business advice and guidance via one-on-one consultation or small group counseling to CSBDF clients, including new and existing clients. Perform comprehensive review of client business plans including marketing plan and financial goals.
- Facilitate CSBDF business courses and workshops as determined in conjunction with Associate Director of Business Services based on workload and/or other project/client commitments.
- Represent and or speak/act as a representative and role model at community and/or professional functions, expos, conferences and meetings both within and outside CSBDF.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and relationships with all contacts – CSBDF managers and employees, Business Services staff and volunteers, CSBDF Partners, funders and stakeholders, 3rd party advisors/consultants, and others. Utilize CSBDF Business Services management systems to track and manage client needs.
- Support CSBDF Mission by working in a team environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Management or related field
- Three to five (3 to 5 ) years (or more) of relevant experience in small business planning, business plan development and review, and/or business counseling
- Having been a small business owner preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.