Marketing & Communications Director
Education and Experience Requirements:
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications equivalent. Minimum of 5 years of related work experience or demonstrated equivalent training. Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Nature of Work: Under the administrative direction of the VP, Strategic Initiatives Vice President, Policy & Research this position is responsible for The Carolina Small Business Development Fund’s Brand (i.e. developing and implementing a marketing and communications strategy that aligns with The Carolina Small Business Development Fund’s mission and business plan). Marketing Plan will clearly define ‘how and why’ for delivery of a consistent organizational message – media and marketing approaches to be utilized to reach CSBDF markets and tell the CSBDF story.
Communications Strategy & Management
- Direct the planning, development, and implementation of all organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the marketing and communications plan. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives.
- Write, edit and maintain content for the organization’s communication and marketing materials including corporate brochures, program flyers, e-newsletters, blog, annual report and PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for measuring the success of comprehensive marketing campaigns that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and general public.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all organization’s marketing materials.
- Develop, coordinate and resource materials to assist all field staff in the marketing, communications, and positioning of their activities.
- Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Coordinate internal communications between staff and Board of Directors
- Ensure that the organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Manage ongoing Web content and design.
- Manage marketing intern.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Brand Management & Content Strategy:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, etc.
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to the annual report, brochures, presentations, newsletters, and reports.
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for CSBDF’s website, social media and email channels that leads to measurable action.
Press & Public Relations
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for CSBDF to engage in and/or lead the national conversation on CDFIs and policy.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, the creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests.
- Develop close partnerships with members of the media.
Please submit your resume along with writing samples to email@example.com.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or public relations; grant writing and some corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience. A Master’s degree preferred. Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Nature of Work
Under the strategic and administrative direction of VP, Strategic Initiatives, this position is responsible for managing and executing the organization’s grant writing, related development work, and fundraising functions. Liaison role with foundations, corporations, national and state banks, federal and state governments and other potential Carolina Small Business Development Fund donation or fund providers.
Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards relationships with foundations, corporations, financial institutions and private foundations. Actively engages in working to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sector, state agencies, as well as other key community groups that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of Carolina Small Business Development Fund. Assist in organizing, planning and managing various special events to include the annual Small Business Award Luncheon.
Prepares annual fundraising strategy and work schedule to include long-range fundraising support and plans for prospecting new funders. Writes and develops highly competitive proposals and grant applications for foundations, governmental and corporate prospects for funding.
Maintain regular contact with supporters, keeping them informed of our impact on the community and presenting compelling proposals regarding any new funding needs. Works with local financial institutions.
Monitors award deadlines and make timely proposal submissions. Ensures that reporting requirements are met for all grants, program-related investments and other awards. Develop a strategy to expand individual donor base of giving. Maintains CSBDF’s giving policy and update as required.
Work with local and federal legislators to help them understand our mission, and the financial impact that Carolina Small Business Development Fund’s services have on the communities it serves.
Cultivation and solicitation strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising. Grant and proposal writing for varied proposal developments. Methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
Some understanding of NFPs, CDCUs, CDFI and Community Development Corporations. Basic financial/accounting knowledge. Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as MS Office suite and statistical databases.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.