Join us and more than 250 entrepreneurs, business leaders, resource partners, and community organizations to celebrate the impact and success of our state's small businesses. The theme of this year's event is Entrepreneurs Rising Together: Shared Prosperity through the success of Main Street businesses.
The luncheon is held in observance of the 2019 National Small Business Week. It is a chance to shine the spotlight on Main Street businesses for their contributions as job creators and economic drivers in North Carolina.
At 11:30 a.m., lunch will be served during the awards ceremony. To recognize entrepreneurs for their accomplishments, the following awards will be presented:
- The Heart of Resilience: To a small business that persisted after a loss or setback.
- Veteran Business of the Year: To salute a small business owner who has served.
- The WWBC Mountain Climber: To a woman-owned business that has overcome challenges.
- Main Street Business of the Year: To a venture positively impacting the community.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: To a socially responsible small business innovator.
- President's Award: To an advocate for the growth of small businesses in our state.
- Legislative Champions: To recognize members of the N.C. House and Senate.
Prior to the luncheon, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m., Carolina Small Business will offer five concurrent small business workshops to choose from, at no cost. Attendees will have the chance to learn in expert presentations on these topics:
- Think Like a Lender with Scott Wolford, VP of Business Development for Carolina Small Business
- Veteran Roundtable with Robert Rehder, Director of Veterans Entrepreneurship Program for Carolina Small Business
- Success Strategies for Women with Sharon Oxendine, Director of the Western Women’s Business Center and Caitlin Davis, Director of the Eastern Women’s Entrepreneurship Center
- Latino Business Resources with Zuri Anuel, Director of the Latino Program for Carolina Small Business
- Business Resiliency 101 with Leslie Lewis, Disaster Resliency Specialist for Carolina Small Business
Following the workshops, those in attendance will have the opportunity to network and learn about small business resources in the vendor gallery.
*You may choose to attend workshops without attending the luncheon itself. Seating is limited.