The luncheon is held in observance of the 2019 National Small Business Week. It is a chance to shine the spotlight on Main Street businesses for their contributions as job creators and economic drivers in North Carolina. Seating is limited.
Registration opens Thursday, March 28
Sign up to receive updates about this event:
At 11:30 a.m., lunch will be served during the awards ceremony. To recognize entrepreneurs for their accomplishments, the following awards will be presented:
- The Heart of Resilience: To a small business that persisted after a loss or setback.
- Veteran Business of the Year: To salute a small business owner who has served.
- The Mountain Climber: To a woman-owned business that has overcome challenges.
- Main Street Business of the Year: To a venture positively impacting the community.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: To a socially responsible small business innovator.
- President’s Award: To an advocate for the growth of small businesses in our state.
- Legislative Champions: To recognize a member of the N.C. House and Senate.
Prior to the luncheon, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m., Carolina Small Business will offer five concurrent small business workshops to choose from, at no cost. Attendees will have the chance to learn in expert presentations on these topics:
- Think Like a Lender with Scott Wolford, VP of Business Development for Carolina Small Business
- Veteran Roundtable with Robert Rehder, Director of Veterans Entrepreneurship Program for Carolina Small Business
- Success Strategies for Women with Sharon Oxendine, Director of the Western Women’s Business Center and Caitlin Davis, Director of the Eastern Women’s Entrepreneurship Center
- Latino Business Resources with Zuri Anuel, Director of the Latino Program for Carolina Small Business
- Resiliency 101 with Leslie Lewis, Disaster Resliency Specialist for Carolina Small Business
You may choose to attend workshops without attending the luncheon itself. Following the workshops, those in attendance will have the opportunity to network and learn about small business resources in the vendor gallery.
Then lunch and the awards ceremony will commence. You are invited to be there for this once-a-year event. Seating is limited.