We are still taking applications and will process them on a first-come, first-serve basis. You are welcome to complete the online application on the right side of this page.
About the Program
In recognition of the short and long-term impact that COVID-19 is having on the county’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, Mecklenburg County government has established a loan fund. The fund provides affordable financing in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $35,000 for qualifying small businesses that have been adversely impacted by the pandemic. Funds may be used to cover the day-to-day operating expenses of the business.
Loans issued by the fund program have the following features:
- The affordable interest rate of 3%.
- Terms of up to 10 years.
- Interest-only payments for the first 12 months.
- No collateral requirements.
- No application or processing fees.
Small businesses may qualify for the program if they meet the following conditions:
- Business premises are physically located in Mecklenburg County.
- Business has 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
- Business has been in operation for at least 24 months.
If you think you may qualify for this program, please review the documentation requirements on the right side of the page. Submission of incomplete documents could delay the processing of your request.